Pages

This girl....

Is murdering the reputation of Bloggers.



What a mess...I can't say I've ever known someone who was able to combine 12 incomplete sentences into one sentence.

"I mean the -- here's what it -- so I feel that -- and, to be clear there's -- you know, the way I am -- does that make sense?"

followed by some manic crying.

I know we don't all watch this show, but I must talk about it a bit on this blog because I wait all year long for this, my favorite guilty pleasure, the one and only thing that helps me not hate Mondays entirely.  Seriously, how cool is it to find Monday approaching and to think, "oh, that's not bad! The Bachelor will be on!"

Sadly, I don't think I'll be posting much more about the show this season...it seems dreadful.  Is that something that is always said? Ben is such a drab guy.  Doesn't do it for me in the slightest.  He is awkward, boring, not funny, and seems to think that Sonoma revolves around him (come on Bay Area folk, did you find it ridiculous that he painted Sonoma as a tiny sleepy town?)

And while I'm selfishly writing about things that only I care about, check out this NUMBER FIVE ranked place to travel (that's out of the WHOLE WORLD y'all!) in 2012, by the New York Times. Excerpt below:


5. Oakland, Calif.
New restaurants and bars beckon amid the grit.
Tensions have cooled since violence erupted at the recent Occupy Oakland protests, but the city’s revitalized night-life scene has continued to smolder.
The historic Fox Theater reopened in 2009 and quickly cemented its status as one of the Bay Area’s top music venues, drawing acts like Wilco and the Decemberists. Meanwhile, the city’s ever more sophisticated restaurants are now being joined by upscale cocktail bars, turning once-gritty Oakland into an increasingly appealing place to be after dark. James Syhabout, the chef who earned Oakland its first (and only) Michelin star two years ago at Commis, followed up in May with the instant-hit Hawker Fare, a casual spot serving Asian street food. Big-name San Francisco chefs are now joining him. Daniel Patterson (of two-Michelin-star Coi) opened the restaurant Plum in late 2010 and an adjacent cocktail bar later, and another restaurant, called Haven, in the recently renovated Jack London Square last month.

I could add 3 million and eight other reasons that Oakland is awesome (ok, and 2 million things that suck), so if you ever find yourself in Oakland and need to eat or entertain yourself, I would love to assist!

Chillin on the infamous BART
Oakland Library patron

Last, I also want to say something to hold me to it: A reader asked a while back how it was that owning a Garmin made me faster.  This reminded me that in general, I wanted to do a post, or a series of posts, about the things that helped turn me from a 3:30 marathoner one year into a 3:05 marathoner the next.  Hands down, without a doubt, the #1 thing was owning a Garmin.  A running watch.  To be continued.